1. Can Swan Boutique Cruises be hired out for private groups?
Yes, this is subject to availability and schedule. Please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
2. What activities do you have on board?
• Tai Chi exercise in the early morning
• Games on board
• Luxury spa
• Squid fishing
• Kayaking through the karsts
• Cooking class and demonstrations
3. Is smoking allowed?
No smoking anywhere on boat
4. Can it accommodate disabled people?
We welcome everyone. But the disable should have friends who can support them and accompany with them during the trip. Please contact us directly so we can discuss it in details.
5. What are the Cancellation Policies in case of bad weather ?
All cruises in Halong Bay must have permission from Quang Ninh Local Port Authority to stay overnight in the Bay.
Based on the weather conditions ( high level of tide, monsoon, thunderstorm, cyclone, storm,…), Quang Ninh Local Port Authority has the right to cancel all the cruises to guarantee the safety of tourists.
In those cases, following policies will be applied:
• If the cancellation happens before you leave Hanoi (you have not used any service yet): 100% refund.
• If the cancellation happens during the trip (you have already used some services: transfer, lunch, day trip, hotel in Halong,…): Only the fee of these services will be charged and we will refund the whole remain amount
• If the trip is cut down from 3 days/2 nights to 2 days/1 night, we will charge as 2 days/1 night trip, including other services you have already used, and refund the remain amount.
• All the cruises in Halong Bay must be allowed to stay overnight in the Bay by Quang Ninh Local Port Authority.
• The cancellation is announced ONLY by Quang Ninh Local Port Authority and often in short notice of time. We apologize for any inconvenience and we hope you can understand and sympathize.
• The period from May to July is the storm season in Halong Bay. There are many unpredictable weather conditions. Hence, more cruises will be cancelled with short notice during this season.
• Please contact our consultants directly for any urgent help. We are here to support you the best as we can!
6. I am pregnant, can I come on the cruise?
If you haven’t entered the 35th week of your pregnancy yet, you are welcome on board. Please advise us how long your pregnancy is and confirm that you are in good health and are not experiencing a high-risk pregnancy. Also, please inform us of your status and your pregnancy so that we can take a good care of you.
We strongly recommend you to review your health insurance coverage before the cruise.
7. When is the best time to visit Halong?
Halong bay is an area with a humid tropical climate. There are four seasons in the North of Vietnam. Winter lasts from December to March; temperatures can drop down to 12°C-17°C. Summer is from May until September, mostly sunny but rain showers are frequent as the humidity is higher. Spring and Autumn are nicely warm, October to early December is the best time to visit Halong. Travelers to Vietnam, especially Halong should be aware of that the weather is rather unpredictable and can vary greatly even within one single day. However, there is charm and enchantment whether rain or shine: overcast and fog make the scenery more mysteric and dramatic, bright sun accentuates the various shades of grey of the seascape, etc.
8. What should I wear on the boat?
No dress code is imposed onboard Swan Boutique Cruises. We advise you to take light garments in Summer, sweaters and/or jackets in Winter as it can get pretty chilly, especially at night. A raincoat is absolutely useful any time of the year. If you intend to kayak, please plan to some clothes as you will easily get wet during kayaking. About shoes, sandals, or slipper-on, you should choose what is appropriate to the temperatures, weather and different activities. Don’t forget your swimsuit!
9. Can we use wifi on the cruise?
There’s no wifi on our cruise but you can use wifi on our shuttle bus and in our waiting lounge
10. What do I need to bring with me?
• Original passport
• Sun hat and glasses
• Some clothes
• Warm clothes in winter
11. What happens if I get sick ?
If you have any pre-existing medical conditions that we should know. Please inform us. Please ensure you have adequate medical and travel insurance .
12. Do I need a plug converter to charge my appliances ?
Vietnamese style electrical sockets are available in all suites. 220 volts as standard of almost all hotels in Vietnam. You will need a plug converter if you are not using the same voltage.
13. What if I have special dietary requirements?
Please notify us of any special dietary requirements or food allergies at least 1 week before your departure date.
14. I don’t have a credit card. Can I pay in cash?
Yes, you can visit our head office in 3B, Dang Thai Than, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, and pay in cash to our sales team, or you can pay in cash at Swan waiting lounge in Halong.
15. Can I pay by credit card?
All cards are accepted – see payment section for more detail.
16. Do I have to arrange my own travel to Halong Bay?
No, we provide a mini bus or a private car that will pick you up in the morning from your hotel, take you to Halong Bay and back to Hanoi at the end of the cruise.
17. When do I have to pay for my booking?
A 50% deposit is required to secure your reservation and the final balance is required before the departure date